RiverLink is a small but effective team of dedicated River Stewards. As we grow we will be adding more full and part time positions. Currently we host 3 AmeriCorps Project Conserve positions that serve for an 11 month term. These positions accept new applications every year around May/June. We also hire some camp counselors for our RiverCamp around April/May. If you’re interested in joining our team, check back on this page for new opportunities!
RiverLink is seeking a passionate, full-time, development professional to join our 30+ year old organization with an authentic interest in the environmental and economic vitality of the French Broad River and its watershed. Our ideal candidate will have nonprofit experience and previously worked in a fundraising capacity. The Development Manager will oversee and manage RiverLink’s annual fundraising efforts, our SalsaLabs donor database, community river events and be fully supported by an energetic and successful fundraising team that includes the Executive Director, Operations Manager, Communications Manager, and outside fundraising consultants.
- Energize and build-on our existing annual fundraising efforts to reach and exceed annual goals.
- Create and implement a strategy for growing our monthly recurring giving program.
- Manage SalsaLabs CRM database to track donor information and guide strategic decision making in support of fundraising goals.
- Oversee gift processing, in-kind donations and grant awards, producing reports, and donor acknowledgements.
● Work closely with Executive Director and Board Development committee to track progress towards fundraising and engagement goals.
● Work with the Communications Manager to develop communications materials for use in fundraising and sponsor solicitation.
● Identify potential grant sources and draft fund proposals, prepare funder reports, and manage a grants calendar in conjunction with Administrative and Program support.
- Oversee and champion future Events with support of the RiverLink team.
- Bachelor’s degree and ideally at least two years of experience in development and fundraising.
- Demonstrated excellence in administrative, communication and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and written skills. Computer savvy and able to learn new programs quickly.
- Capacity to utilize current database and fundraising technology to drive performance and achieve annual goals.
- Detail oriented and comfortable in a fast paced, energetic environment
- Adherence to Association of Fundraising Professionals code of ethics “to ensure that needed resources are vigorously and ethically sought and that the intent of the donor is honestly fulfilled.”
Salary and Benefits: Full-time position, salary commensurate with experience ($48K+) as part of a competitive benefits and compensation package.
Mission, Vision and Values: RiverLink promotes the environmental and economic vitality of the French Broad River and its Watershed. Our vision is that by 2030 RiverLink will be a national model for our success at revitalizing and restoring the French Broad River Watershed from Rosman to Hot Springs where each community values the river as a place to Live, Learn, Work, and Play. We believe in respectful and valued relationships, teamwork, empowerment and accountability, honesty and integrity, and excellence in execution, with a focus on continued improvement and creating tangible and lasting results.
We are an equal opportunity employer that supports workplace diversity. We carefully consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We value diversity and are committed to an inclusive workforce. To apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Development Manager as the subject.