Water Recycling, Infiltration, and Conservation for the Home
WaterRICH is a RiverLink initiative to assist homeowners in understanding and implementing rainwater management, and encourage them to become better stewards of our natural resources. The program is an easily accessible, comprehensive resource for understanding how to manage water in a residential setting. WaterRICH will teach you how to harvest rainwater, create garden features which promote water seeping into the soil (stormwater features), and reduce outside water needs.The Program also offers hands-on workshops that teach site analysis and introduce design tools needed to select water quality and infiltration mechanisms to use right in your backyard.
The goal of the project is to increase infiltration of stormwater into the ground and water table, reduce the use of potable water, improve water quality in the French Broad River Watershed and reduce pressure on the existing stormwater system.
See what WaterRICH can do for you:
- Reduce use of potable water on landscapes, and lower your water bill
- Increase property values and prevent or fix existing water issues
- Help reduce pollution in our creeks and the French Broad River
- Access the FREE online handbook with step-by step instructions for creating a WaterRICH landscape
- Learn to design and construct water quality features, such as raingardens, and install rain barrels, through hands-on workshops and trainings
- Access to design professionals
- Have your home certified WaterRICH